Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beautiful Life

Dear friends,

Some time back I got a call from my old friend and he informed me that he is coming to phoenix for a short time. Then I recollected that it is a real long gap (3 years) since we had talked to each other .He came to my house later as a formality. When I knew that he is coming to my house, I was thinking what to talk with him, whether he will leave me before my normal offshore call etc… We slowly started talking and gradually traveled into the past, we recollected lot of jokes, experiences games, the quotes, the beautiful times etc… I am really happy for sharing lot of things with him, just remembering those beautiful days .I gave full credit to my college and those days. By next day I had recollected lot of other incidents and realized that I am really missing them. Every person has lot of memories in his life and only when you remember them or recollect them, your heart realizes how much you miss them. We never have time for these beautiful times. We tend to bury ourselves in regular routine life and become real lazy bones. We maintain relationship only to our close family friends and the people around us. I was telling my friend” once I get transferred to other location, chances are fair that I can forget you and try to gel with the people around there in the new location” We have time for potlucks, get togethers, picnics etc.. But not some time with our close people who were once part of our life and we had spent lot of time with them. Finally we forget them (their memories) and fall into the vicious cycles of routine life. My mom was saying the other day,” Vasu .. life is too small to enjoy, it looks like most of the incidents happened just yesterday and I see my life is almost over”. It is true, when I saw my uncle’s marriage VCD recently and I see my mom to be young, dynamic, beautiful and healthy. But now things have really changed. God has given us a special quality of remembering our near and dear, but the man made boundaries are not allowing us to relish the memories. God has created this beautiful land with lot of resources for our own happiness. But we made boundaries; we made artificial walls, false hierarchies, wrong comparisons and finally losing the fun in the life. Let us decide to call/mail our near and dear, be your normal and show how happy you are to talk with him. I am sure the waves will automatically pass on to them. I know that everybody cannot recollect the memories at the same time and when you really want to talk to them, or revive relationship, they are so called busy in their routine. We have lot of communication facilities these days like Cell phones, E-mails, cheap calling cards. Letters which are posted in India for free by websites etc...Inspite of that the relationships are being neglected. I am not talking about all, I know there are exceptionsJust look back .Remember your friends, recollect the incidents you shared with them, stop false comparisons, stop talking about your Job. Stop showing off, be down to earth. Once these are done, just look inside and outside, the world is really beautiful. You have great gifts of the world.

Tip : Love thy loved ones for life is too short

No comments:

Post a Comment