Thursday, June 25, 2009

Experiments with Experiences-Real Meditation

Dear Friends

Everyone is born same and as we grow, we start learning. We find the differences in culture, Caste, Religion, disparity in Wealth, status and other boundaries created by human beings. We tend to build a personality, obviously based on the experiences we undergo. Slowly we develop a complex and limit our exposure to the outside world. Then we start comparing with others and develop either ego or jealousy etc… We finally lose people whom we really love at a particular point of time and we really had good time with. I am sure everyone might have experienced the above. Finally we tend to concentrate only on Money, Career, immediate personal interests etc. We forget to give importance to inner things, thoughts that really need a respite and they want us to take away the veil.We need to understand what we really want, how energetic we are, how confident we can be, how efficient we can be.Is there any way to extract the latent energy?What is meditation? Is it thoughtlessness? Emptiness? Thinking over a specific thought? Spiritual need? Relaxing technique?I believe most of the above are true as per individual’s needs and beliefs. My mother believes it to be spiritual and by praying god and thinking about him and serving him through prayers is our duty and it really gives her satisfaction. For me, it is not really spiritual, but a relaxing technique where in I control my incoming thoughts and avoid them by concentrating on a single thought. I normally think about standing in Tirupati Q and slowly walking towards Varaha swamy temple, then the rooms where we get locked for sometime, then I continue walking towards main entrance, then winding, unwinding, the citadels, the entrance to golden citadel. I listen to chanting then the darshan, then coming out. By the time I complete the thought I will be in deep sleep. Frankly I am not a religious person, but somehow we happen to travel to Tirupati countless number of times, I think this incident I can concentrate by repeating this incident in my thoughts, any number of times.Some people don’t like chanting. They think it to be disturbing and noisy during meditation. Instead they choose to meditate in silence, alone, for a reasonable amount of time.What are the advantages of meditation? I am sure; people who do it on a regular basis can only understand and help others on the benefits of Meditation.We can control our emotions.We understand ourselves as we spend some time for ourselves everyday because of meditation.When we understand the tremendous happiness we get out of Meditation, we really give less and less importance to lot of unnecessary thingsWe can identify our potential and we will be energetic always.The inferiority/Superiority complex we develop and further complications resulting out of it will be gone.

Tip: Think light feel ‘Light’

No comments:

Post a Comment